Top: new bra with cup extension. Bottom: old bra.
After all of the work I put into redoing this costume and extending the bra to a bigger size it did not fit! It was too big. At the time I started the bra I need the extension but once I was ready to fit it for shoulder straps I discovered the cups are way too big. I have never had to pad a bra. EVER. I had no bra padding nor old shoulder pads to be used as push-up padding. Instead I took the original, much smaller bra, and stitched the whole thing inside the new bra. And it actually worked! Once I figured this out I felt pretty genius.
Ideally, I need a bra size somewhere in-between these two. I bet if I had left off the bra extension off the new bra it would have fit fine. Well, hindsight and all.
Old bra stitched into new bra
The belt not quite as gaudy as I would like but I'm done working on it for a while.