Sunday, September 04, 2011

Mehndi Makes It Better

Five dollars and a sharpie = the coolest shoes ever

I found a pair of $5 deck shoes got my sharpie marker, looked up some free mehndi patterns online, and got to decorating. Best tip: use a light touch, press too hard and the ink will run. I'm not sure how long the ink will hold up. I sprayed them with Scotch Guard to help protect the designs. I just can't go stomping through puddles.









Meanwhile, our household has grown by one new member, Asbestos. He was rescued by my sister from a parking lot and is now about 4 weeks old. This sweet little "boober" is the reason I've been falling behind on the sew along. I hope you can forgive me =P

~N

5 comments:

Kis said...

LOVE!!!!!

I blame the green costume for me not posting pictures of where I'm up to...

Jason said...

You should be selling these on Etsy!

Anonymous said...

too cute---and the kitten is darling!

Unknown said...

super cute shoes!!!

Rainy Kaye said...

The shoes rock, and the kitten is adorable :)

New subscriber =)