You know what's cool?
Making the Earth better.
You know what's cooler?
Making the Earth better with a coordinated effort that is easy as turning off a light switch on Mar 28th.
1. What is Earth Hour?
- Earth Hour is World Wildlife Fund's global initiative where individuals, businesses and governments turn off their lights for one hour to show their support for action on climate change.
- Earth Hour is a symbolic event designed to engage people from all walks of life in the climate change discussion to send a strong message to our political leaders that we want them to take meaningful action on climate change.
- The largest climate event in history where millions of people around the world will unite by turning off their lights for one hour, Earth Hour, to demand action on the climate crisis.
2. When is Earth Hour?
- Earth Hour 2009 takes place on Saturday, March 28, 2009 at 8:30 pm–local time.
- Just like New Years Eve, Earth Hour will travel from time zone to time zone starting at 8:30pm in New Zealand.
Aside from just turning off lights, I am going to unplug our electronics, chargers, and non-essential appliances.
Here are some things you can do for the hour:
Light some candles
Read a book, comic, magazine
Play cards or board game
Drill you BD moves
Have a romantic evening with someone (ie. have sex in the dark)
Play, groom, spend time with your pets (or children)
Hand sew, bead, knit, crochet, or other handicraft (if you have enough candles to see by)
Have a drum circle
Take a nap
Take a candlelight bubble bath
If it is mild, sit outside and enjoy the evening
Eat, Drink, be Merry
For more info check out www.earthhour.org and select your city/country to help out.
Go forth and save the world!
Now playing: The Peacekeeper Wars
mood: fruit roll-ups. You can put your own photos on them now? WTF? Weird