Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Why We Like Sashi


Why we like Sashi...Here she is performing with "pierced wings" a combination of tribal fusion and piercing the skin found in ritual dance. People gave her crap for doing something so "vulgar" in a BD performance. But I believe if no one experiments, mixes the new and old, nothing will ever evolve. Will you ever see me dance with piercings? Heck no! I'm a wuss! Don't forget Sashi will be back in Springfield next weekend for a Gothic BD workshop. Check out AraceniaDesigns.com for info.

Now playing: the Cure – Japanese Whispers
Mood: nothing much, really

So I’ve been having trouble with my female parts, more so than normal anyway.

Yea! What a way to lead into a post! Giving you the opportunity to turn back now! This post has nothing to do with Sashi. I just kinda mashed it all together. Wham Bam Thank You Mama.

Well, not bad trouble. I mean who likes having their period. But anyway, long story short, I have only had one period in the past year. Meanwhile, I’ve been to the Dr. and had lots ‘o blood tests, a PAP and pelvic exam, and an ultrasound. All of my parts are in order and most of my tests came back clean. I have elevated androgens causing super oily skin, acne, hair growth (in not so fun places as if I were a 14 year old boy going through puberty,) grumpiness when I don’t eat, gaining weight around my abdomen, and little to no periods. Now I am going to an Endocrinologist to try and figure out why my hormones are out of whack. As I said, my tests came back ok, but my Dr. has explained I have Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS), and has decided to treat me similar to those with insulin resistance. It seems my glucose/blood sugar and insulin levels are ok, so I’m not hypoglycemic or diabetic, but if I am insulin resistant my cells aren’t using the insulin properly. Which can lead to other wonky stuff like elevated androgens that can in turn mess up my female parts and equal PCOS.

The one and only time my cycle was normal was the 4 years I took birth control pills and was a complete and utter PSYCO BITCH! And even scarier I didn’t know it. They also gave me migraines. But aside from that, if you have ridiculous mood swings (like psychiatric style,) yell and cry for no reason, your relationship with your significant other has greatly deteriorated, headaches and such ALL OF THE TIME you are most likely taking birth control and are a PSYCO BITCH! <- personal opinion from personal experience, must be capitalized for emphasis. I stopped the birth control and “woke up” from my PSYCO BITCH haze. Not to say you should do that, but if you have checked off most of the things on the “What is a PSYCO BITCH according to Naima,” then maybe you should get a second opinion.

So I’m rambling now. I wanted my next post to be a dance video clip but I played Xbox360 instead of filming. I started a new character on Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion. Wee Hoo!

I am on day 3 of taking this new medicine Metformin. I asked my Dr. if it would make me a PSYCO BITCH. He said that the number one side effect is diarrhea. And I’m like, “Bring me some Gatorade and bring it on!” ‘Cause I mean really, diarrhea is way better than being a PSYCO BITCH. It has made me feel slightly different but I couldn’t tell you how, just different. I have also noticed waking up from dreams a lot. Normally, I just wake up and have no recollection of dreaming, but all 3 nights every time I’ve woken up I remember dreaming. Can’t remember them now mind you, but it is a bit out of the ordinary.

Go here to learn about PCOS in a way that my blabbering just can’t provide.

Today is my hubby's 30th birday. Must go now =)

~N

No comments: