Sunday, June 24, 2007

Henna

Now watching: H and C shoot giant alien ants
mood: cereal and milk or cheddar cheese, can't decide

Got my henna powder in Saturday. It has been awhile since I ordered from hennacaravan.com. They have added a neat little reorder catalog and an extended henna instruction manual with more free patterns and descriptions. I ordered 20gr of henna powder with the sucrose already added and a vial of cajeput oil.
I mixed the powder with lemon juice and let sit for 12hr. Then I added the oil and let sit another 12hr or so. I filled some mylar cones with the paste. I kept one for my design and put the rest in my fridge.
I only did my left hand but plan on doing my feet later. I think it is much harder to put henna on myself than other people because it is harder to get into the right position yourself, whereas with other people you can move around freely to work on.
The orange marks you see in the picture are from a watercolor pencil I used to sketch out my design. The Hand of Fatima was from the Henna Caravan booklet as well as the heart design on the back of my hand.
I will post again once the henna is removed and my stain has darkened.

~N

1 comment:

Unknown said...

All I have to say is... wow! Can't wait to see how it turns out...