Before alterations front
Before alterations back
The bra cups on this costume were super tiny and a bra extension just wasn't going to cut it. After much frowning, I was bolstered by this alteration by Ozma and I decided to mount the old bra directly on top of a new bra with new side straps. The belt also need some love but not so extensively. I took very few pictures of this alteration. I also forgot to take pictures of the finished product. But here is a quick overview of the process.
- Cut off all bra fringe
- Cut center connector of bra cups.
- Cut off side straps.
- Attached bra to new bra and made new side straps (in black.)
- Salvaged sequins from old straps, shook them together with some (sort of ) matching purple sequins and filled in new straps, bra cups, and center connection.
- Mimicked bra edge design and filled in with more (sort of ) matching beads and gold sequins.
- Replaced bra fringe in new design.
- Removed some fringe from back of belt and replaced with gold swags to mimic front of belt.
- Trimmed everything with gold beads.