Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Sa'dia's Purple Alterations


Before alterations front

Before alterations back

The bra cups on this costume were super tiny and a bra extension just wasn't going to cut it. After much frowning, I was bolstered by this alteration by Ozma and I decided to mount the old bra directly on top of a new bra with new side straps. The belt also need some love but not so extensively. I took very few pictures of this alteration. I also forgot to take pictures of the finished product. But here is a quick overview of the process.
  • Cut off all bra fringe
  • Cut center connector of bra cups.
  • Cut off side straps.
  • Attached bra to new bra and made new side straps (in black.)
  • Salvaged sequins from old straps, shook them together with some (sort of ) matching purple sequins and filled in new straps, bra cups, and center connection.
  • Mimicked bra edge design and filled in with more (sort of ) matching beads and gold sequins.
  • Replaced bra fringe in new design.
  • Removed some fringe from back of belt and replaced with gold swags to mimic front of belt.
  • Trimmed everything with gold beads.





3 comments:

Svetlana bellydance said...

Klass!

Kis said...

I'd love to see the final product if you can get some shots. It looks like it was a lot of work but oh so worth it in the end.

Naima said...

Me too. To be honest I can't even remember her having it on even though I know she wore it for the second set at last Greek Night.