Shoulder bulge and moles...Do you know how hard it is to take a picture of your back?
This idea is old news but when I saw Sa'dia use a broken necklace as a halter chain I thought it was the most brilliant idea ever.
- It gives busty gals extra lift and support.
- It keeps loose shoulder straps from falling off without any major alteration
- It's adjustable
- It's removable
- You can use the same chain on any costume as long as they have hooks
- The cost is almost nil
- Requires novice sewing skills (we're talking easier than sewing a button.)
- Easily removable if you sell your costume
This composition is titled, "Hooks, Chain, and a Single Ground of of Coffee."
- Needle and thread
- A piece of chain, old necklace, etc. sturdy enough that the metal loops do not pull apart with too much pressure. I used a homely little bracelet that is never worn. I didn't alter the chain length or clasp in any way.
- 2 sew on hooks
- Charms (optional)
Step 1. Try on and take note, or mark, the location on the straps where you want the halter chain.
Step 2. Sew the hooks onto the inside of the bra straps where you want the chain, facing in toward your back, not out toward your arms.
Step 3. Slip chain onto hooks adjusting chain to desired length.
Optional: Add charms, coins, or other cute dangly bits for added interest.
Peaking out from under my hair, the Hamsa protects my backside from the evil eye.
Now you have a cute little flash of detail that is adjustable, removable, and best of all not a safety pin!
You also have the option of making the halter chain permanent by sewing one end of the chain directly to the bra and using only one hook on the opposite side. It would still be adjustable and be suited for those who only need to halter one bra. This idea is also cheap and easy enough you could put permanent halter chains on all of your costumes.
Have fun and good luck!