Wednesday, October 22, 2008

RMH and Hips Noir Review


(me and Emy, Back to the Eighties @ GX, pic by Staar)

Now playing: Plan 9 from Outer Space
mood: pumpkin cookies

So I can't really give much of a review on the workshop. I spent day one up in the sound booth fighting with the sound quality and working on 3rd quarter taxes. I spent day two in a drowsy haze of walking in circles to stay awake. I only had two 4-5hr naps between Friday and Sunday. I actually dumped my coffee into instant oatmeal, microwaved it, and had it for breakfast.

The first day was split between two of RMH's members. One taught before lunch and one after. The next day was similar, 2 teaching floorwork, 1 taught sword, and an extra class after lunch with Zivah. I did take some notes from up on my perch and cringed a little every time the class did barrel turns with their swords. But all went well with no major incidents.

At the end of the day Sunday, I showed whoever was left in the class the 9/8 foot pattern I learned from Mishaal when she came to Tulsa.

(RT tap, step back and shift weight to RT, step LT, hop-shuffle-skip thing with RT. Repeat other side.) makes sense right?

Anyway, I have been spending my time between BD videos and A&E biographies on Youtube. I am also seriously thinking about putting together some comedy choreographies like I have been talking about for years.

I haven't really caught up on sleep from the workshop. This weekend I had a 22hr Friday followed by a wedding and another 4:30am after-party on Saturday. The bags under my eyes feel like they are hanging to my knees.

~N

No comments: