Thursday, May 08, 2008

Down to the wire

Now playing: Samurai Champloo
mood: some sort of steamy, stir-fry, soy saucey goodness

I spent 3hrs last night practicing and getting my notes and music put together for the workshop. I am stiff today. Which now that I think about it makes sense. I took a shower and ate a bowl of ice cream instead of stretching out when I was done with practice. HaHa Go figure.

Hats off to workshop teachers. It takes a lot of work to take what you would teach over weeks worth of classes and condense it into something usable and coherent. I think I am spending too much time over analyzing what to write on the choreo. notes. I'd rather have note taking time during the workshop so everyone can write down what makes sense to them. I've also been teaching out loud to my cats when I practice. It has been a while since I've taught a class and I have to get the abstract concepts in my brain shaped into words and sentences. And I don't want to ramble too much. That is what blogging is for.

Maharet says the turn out for the workshop is looking good. I can't wait. I am really looking forward to being in the company of my fellow dancers, looking at the vendors, laughing and reminiscing about past workshops with friends. Not to mention the show. I always come away inspired to work on new stuff after a show. It's where I get some of my best ideas, MWAHAHAHA!

~N

(pic: me and the hubby at Promanade. That's right, he's hot!)

No comments: