Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Crochet Zill Muff Pattern


Now playing: LotR
mood: bacon and eggs

This pattern will fit Medium size zills, such as Saroyan, Nefertiti MC-100, approx. 2-1/16". You may change this pattern to fit your needs. I experimented until it worked for me. This is also my first written pattern. I am a novice at crochet. I will do my best to answer questions but for help I suggest you check out www.crochet.org and www.crochetme.com. You may copy this for personal use but please do not use it for profit.

Medium weight, worsted yarn (I used left overs). Size H (5.00m) hook.
Gauge- muffs will be stretchy, gauge is not really important
Ch=chain stitch
St= stitch
Sc=single crochet
Dc=double crochet
Tc=triple crochet
Yo=yarn over
Tog= working together 2st into one. Put hook through 1st st, yo and pull through. Put hook through next st, yo and pull through. You now have 3 loops on your hook. Now yo and pull through the first 2 loops, leaving 2 loops on hook. Yo again and pull through remaining 2 loops, leaving 1 loop on hook.
Pattern (make 4):
Make an adjustable loop with 6 ch. (Here is how to make the loop I used- http://crochetme.com/amigurumi-double-ring).

Round 1
– 2sc in each ch, (you will then have 12st).

Round 2
- ch 3 (counts as 1st tc), starting in 1st st from the 3ch you just made [tc in 1st st, 2tc in next st]. Repeat steps between [ ] all the way around. (you will end with 19st including the 1st ch).

Round 3
– ch 1, {tog into the next 2st, then dc into each of the next 2st}. Repeat steps between {} all the way around, stopping before the last dc. (you will end with 14st).
Finishing – slip stitch into the next st, tie off and trim.

No comments: