Tuesday, January 29, 2008

State of the Union



mood: spicy ramen

This is a video of my sister, Carly. She talks a little about the State of the Union address that was on last night. Then she sings Zombie by the Cranberries. She has been teaching herself to play guitar.I myself couldn't watch the SotU. I couldn't stand the thought of hearing GB's voice followed by lots of pauses for clapping and posturing. I watched a PBS special about Mary Pickford instead.

So in a way this post is relevant to BD in a backwards kind of way. The US is still "at war" in the Middle East. People are still dying and hurting on all sides. So try not to take for granted one of the things that brings us together on this blog, the culture, the music, and the dance.

I guess just take a little time to reflect. You never know, you might be able to change things.

~N

1 comment:

Melody said...

Well said. Thanks for planting the seed.