Thursday, February 11, 2010

Interweb Math


According to Blogger (Google Friend connect) I have 41 followers.



According to the Google feed I have 79 subscribers.

This does not add up. These two lists cannot be the same thing. A few days ago I had 38 followers and 79 subscribers. Now I'm up to 41 followers with no change in subscribers. So, that mean I have a total of 120 readers? No, it probably means there are only 5 people who actually read my blog and the rest are bots/spam/make-believe people that inflate my numbers to make me feel special. Or very possibly internet stalkers. That's ok, I'm an internet stalker too. You just stay on your side of the internet and I'll stay on mine and everyone will be happy.

I still don't have my camera back.

In the meantime, I am confident I will have the silver bedlah wearable for March 13th's Greek Night. Ananya and I are planning to hit up a BD hafla this weekend but I woke up with a sore throat this morning. If it doesn't go away by tomorrow I am staying in for the weekend. Because, when a person with the crud approaches you, my policy is to lock the doors and throw stones at them from the windows until they go away. I really don't feel like being stoned this week. Especially if I'm already sick.

~N

PS -  Hi new followers =)
mood: Sprite and chicken soup

1 comment:

Kis said...

Subscribers are different to followers.

Subscribers are generally (if my google-fu is good) described as RSS feeds and the equivalent (google reader).
Followers are people who've used the Google follow functionality.

That would be why they don't add up as they're looking at different things, so you can probably take the sum of the two as a good guide :)