Friday, May 29, 2009

A Note on Bedlah Beading



When I was shopping for sequins to cover my silver bedlah I pulled out another bedlah to do a quick estimate on how many sequins I would need to buy. So, how many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie pop?

In this case, about 1000, give or take.

Most of my costumes use about 6 sequins per square inch. For instance, if you cover a belt that is 36" wide and 4"high, that is 144 square inches. Times 6 sequins per inch = 864 sequins
36" x 4" = 144"
144" x 6 = 864 sequins
That is a straight line estimate. That doesn't count curves or bra cups or any thing else (like all the seed beads between each sequin.) So I rounded up to 1000, and then bought a few bags of 1250 at $2 each to cover my entire bra and repair the belt. So what if I don't use them all. You can bury them with me when I die if it comes to it.

On a "What where you thinking?" note, I picked out a 4:22min drum solo for Greek Night.

*kicks self*

~N

Now watching: Dead Like Me: Life After Death
mood: baklava

No comments: